My littlest man is getting so big! Oh, he is so squishy and adorable. (I should probably update the header, hey?)
- Fenton is a mover and a shaker. He scootches and rolls all over the place (until he gets stuck on a piece of furniture). He has been getting his knees up under him often, but isn’t doing technical crawling movements. Sure doesn’t hold him back though!
- If Ki or Ella drops something, he moves SO fast to get it before they pick it up! It’s funny.
- Fent is a pretty good sitter. Very sturdy. He will sit for a few minutes then either plops over on accident, to get something, or gets picked up or moved by someone.
He did this to himself.
- Fenty had his first food on his 6 month birthday, aka Thanksgiving! He tried some turkey, yams and mashed potatoes. He’s had food a couple other times. He has so much fun playing with mashed potatoes the day after Thanksgiving! He wants to eat SO badly. Any time I eat he eyeballs it and tries to snitch it. (Otherwise I would have waited a bit longer.) We are doing Baby Led Weaning with Fent, as we did with Ella. LOVE it.
He stole my roll!
- I am still trying to limit my dairy for Fenton’s sake. He seems to do ok with baked in dairy. I eat about a slice of cheese a day, a smidge of butter and steer clear of milk and ice cream. Boo.
- He cat naps. So annoying. Sometimes he will take a nice, long afternoon nap. Usually he wakes up when he’s laid down. I want to get him on a better schedule. He is so spoiled from when I was trying to up his weight. He slept so awesome until I started waking him up to feed him. It was all downhill from there.
- Fent started saying Dada on Mike’s birthday. He loves chattering away.
- His brother and sister love him so much! He’s a lucky guy.
- His hair is coming in so even! I love his fuzzy little head. Mike hasn’t threatened to cut it yet. He has the best head of hair at this age of all of our kids. Haha!
- Lately everyone says he looks like Ki.
supposed to be nursing
- He weighs 16lbs, 8 oz and is 25″ long. (I think the height may be off. That’s what his height was at 5 months when I measured him.) He’s definitely filled out. My little chunk!
- He LOVES books! He also likes stuffed animals (specifically Ella’s Perry the Platypus) and blankets.
- He plays a mean game of singles peek-a-boo. He will lie on his back and put a blanket over his face, then pull it down and laugh. Then he’ll do it again.
- He likes to smack things. His right hand and arm really get going. Sometimes I wonder if he’s waving, but usually he just smacks.
- Fent still has blue eyes. His hair seems to be getting lighter. Boo. 😉 It’s light brown right now.
- He is such a happy, sweet boy! He has a great laugh. He is ticklish on his thighs, back and shoulders.
Here are Ki (bonus!) and Ella‘s 6 month posts!